Voting

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Your Love Oh Lord







"Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains
Your justice flows like the ocean's tide
I will lift my voice
To worship You, my King
I will find my strength
In the shadow of your wings"

One starry night in Mykonos, I was reminded of this song as I sat on a ledge and looked out over the mountains and the sea. Creation screams the name of our Maker (Rom 1: 19-20) and how anyone can deny He exists when they look at such beauty, I will never know!
He is faithful, righteous, and just. Those three attributes sum Him up. No matter what, He is always faithful. No matter what, He is always righteous. No matter what, He is always just. His faithfulness is so great, that it stretches to the sky. His righteousness is like a rock, or a mountain. It is firm and steady. His justice flows in like the ocean tide. There is no doubt that the tide will come in, just like his justice will come.

We worship you Lord when we look at your creation because you are majestic and worthy to be praised!

"When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
and the son of man that you care for him?

Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
and crowned him with glory and honor.
You have given him dominion over the works of your hands;
you have put all things under his feet..." (Psalm 8)

No comments: