Voting

Monday, March 30, 2009

I am alive...believe it or not!

So some people thought that I wiped off the face of the earth but good news...I have not! I am alive and well...Just been having some amazing European adventures! The problem has been that I haven't had a lot of internet access. So where do I start?!? I might do a couple posts just to keep it from getting too long on one.

A couple of weekends ago, I had the chance to go up on the MorningStar boat. This is a boat that is owned by Hellenic Ministries, here in Greece. This boat is used most of the time in the summer. They have a crew and then they sail around to the Greek islands and go to each house evangelizing and giving Bibles. During the non-summer months, they try to have youth groups from the churches on the a boat for a weekend get-away. The boat is kept up at Porto Astro, which is the summer camp owned by the same ministry. It's about an hour and a half away from Athens. The land around the camp is absolutely beautiful and breath-taking and to go sailing around it is even better! We went up there Friday night and came back Saturday night...It was a quick trip but it was an awesome time to get away from the busyness of Athens and be in God's creation for a little bit. I also got to learn how to sail a bit, tie some knots, got to cook, and we saw dolphins!


Here is Sarah, my roommate, and I!


Old Glory...a little tattered but still as good as new!


Some scenery that was around us on the boat


These pictures are not showing the beauty of this place but at least you can get an idea!!



Here is a video of the dolphins...look really close and you can see them!

No comments: