Voting

Friday, March 13, 2009

give it all away...

Lyrics from a song reminded me of this often forgotten concept...Am I willing to give it all away? Anything and everything? Often times, I think it's easy to say that we would be but are we REALLY??? Imagine, someone on the street randomly walks up to you and asks for a dollar; are you willing to give them the jacket right off your back even if they didn't ask for it? Let's take me for example! If you know me, then you know I love to shop and I love my clothes...Well, the Lord has slowly been working in me and changing me. I have actually been convicted when I go to buy something...How many clothes can a person really own! None of these things really matter in life. Matthew 6:20-21 says, "Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." I don't want my treasure to be here on earth because I cannot take that with me when I leave this earth...It is so much more important for my cares and concerns to be on eternal things. Am I willing to give all my things away and everything I have for my Lord Jesus? He gave himself up COMPLETELY for me! He came to this earth and died for mine and your sins as a perfect, spotless, and sacrificial lamb and then was resurrected so that we could spend eternity with him. I pray that you and I are ready at the drop of a hat to give up everything we have if we are serving and following Jesus because He did not think twice about giving everything up for us.

No comments: