Voting

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

treasured possessions.

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Anonymous

Though some people feel the need to tell me. I did not go into this whole thing fishing for compliments or needing more attention. This year, I want to learn to see myself through God's eyes. The world surrounds me and other women with lies. They make us believe that we are not treasured for who we are. We'll be treasured if we do the things that we are told to do, look a certain way, and say the things that we ought to say. Satan enjoys throwing those lies in yours and my face.

Not wearing makeup for the first week was torturous. I went to my first big social outing and was kind of nervous. I am not going to lie, I felt a little self-conscious. Then I realized I had to stop focusing on myself. By the end of the night, I felt comfortable in who I was. This second week has been much better. I have actually forgotten about the fact that I am not wearing makeup at times and have started to recognize myself in the mirror again. This "giving up" makeup idea has made me realize what a selfish person I can be. I have quickly realized that I have to take my eyes off of myself and put them back onto the Lord.

Right now, I am trying to shave away at any insecurities I may have...One at a time. You might not think you have them, but you do. Try and think about some right now...possessions, finances, physical appearances, gifts/talents, personality, etc.
I know that God did not create me or you to be brought down with the lies that we are not good enough. We have complete and utter security in Christ. Satan would like nothing more than to make us think otherwise. A friend of mine reminded me of this the other day by saying, " we have the victory already, it's up to us, whether we want to experience it or not." Are you and I experiencing the victory and security that Christ has given us? Or are we allowing Satan, the world, and our sin to destroy it and try to take it away? God has set ME and YOU apart. We have been chosen. "For you are a people holy to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession, out of all the peoples who are on the face of the earth (v. 6)."

I think the "Anonymous" person got it wrong on that quote up there...I say we switch it up to say something like this:

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief and inner peace knowing that she is a treasured and beautiful possession created by God and for God."

1 comment:

jake_lang said...

I love this idea. That's great that you're trying something different and putting yourself out there to trust in God in the simple things in life.

I passed this blog onto my wife and she loves it! She is just starting a Bible study with our Junior and Senior girls in the youth group studying the book "Lies Young Women Believe" and it ties in great. So be encouraged.