Voting

Friday, January 30, 2009

No One's Aware

To update you a bit...I'm taking a theology class right now and then next week, I'll be starting a Hermenuetics class. On Monday night, I helped out with Love Meals and I was able to speak english with some refugee guys so that was cool and a lot of them are starting to recognize me because they come out on Thursday night when I help out in Omonia Square with the drug addicts. If they can at least start to recognize me and see that all of us are there pouring out love and serving them then that would make all the difference and hopefully bring them one step closer to the Lord. On Tuesday, I helped out at Mercy Center and played with all the little kids. There were soooo many kids and we had them all in this little room and there were not very many of us leaders so they probably could have easily taken us down...haha! It was really sweet though...This one young girl was trying to speak the few words she knew in english to me...So she comes up to me and says, "I love you!" It was the sweetest little thing and I told her that I loved her, too. It's really awesome, we just get to play and love on these kids! After the refugee families left, they bring in the homeless men and drug addicts and have a service for them. I sat in the seats next to some guys and tried to talk to them. It's definietly a sight to see...Here are all these people usally high, drunk, smelly, etc but we try to show them that they are loved and cared about and that most of all the Lord loves them! It was really crazy, when I was sitting with these guys back there and they were doing some worship, I could literally feel the oppresion and heaviness in the room...Then, one of my guy friends, who is blessed with being able to lead worship, got up and sang, and it was like this peace and quiteness came over the room. It almost brought me to tears because I could feel the difference in the room right away! The Lord works in crazy and mysterious ways and He can change the hardest of hearts and He is fully capable of bringing these men and women that are in bondage to Him...and I pray that He does!

On a lighter note, last night all of us girls all went out to this really cute restaurant and had hot chocolate...and then, another girl and I went to Mercy Center to help ot with drug addict ministry and I was pretty proud of myself because I remembered how to get there all by myself on the train and stuff! I also ate at McDonalds last night, which if you know me then you know that it is a rarity for me to eat there, but I was desperate and really hungry and it's what I saw. Well, might I just say that it was the best darn chicken sandwich I had ever eaten in my life...I don't know if I was just hungry or it was a taste of American home but I thought it was really funny! :) Alright, I'll keep you guys posted!

No comments: