Voting

Wednesday, February 11, 2009



So let me update you...Last Thursday night, I went out to Omonia Square and before we went out, I seriously prayed that I would encounter an english-speaking person so that I could talk. Well, what do ya know? I found someone...by accident! I tried speaking Greek to this man and he asked me if I was from Spain because he said my accent sounded Spanish...oops, that has been my problem with me speaking Greek-I speak it with a Spanish accent, which you don't want! I then told him that I was from America and then he started to speaking to me in English...Praise the Lord! His name was Leftherios and he just started telling me about his life...He said he had been on drugs for a while and that he had been wanting to come to the ministry and check it out. I got to evangelize a bit to him and the cool thing was that he said that as I was talking to him, he felt like we had been friends since childhood...Which is really cool because when I am talking to people, I want them to feel comfortable and open to talk. Then on Saturday night, we went to the ministry and guess who I saw there? Leftherios! I was sooo excited that he came...I got to talk to him more and he said he wanted to come again next week which is awesome! So pray for him to keep coming back! On Sunday, I taught the little Greek Sunday school class about David and Goliath and then afterwards, my friend and I went to this really sweet little old couple's house for lunch. The Greek people are very warm and hospitable! Last night, I got to tell the parable of the lost sheep to the refugee kids which went pretty well but it's still very hard when it has to be translated! One funny thing was that one cute little boy sitting in the back winked at me every two seconds while I was telling the story, I was trying not to laugh so hard! It was really cute though! Otherwise, it has been a little chilly here...February is actually the coldest month, I just took a mid-term for my theology class and I think it went pretty well!

A verse to leave you with, which is one of my favorites, is Isaiah 26:3-4..."You keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock." I pray that my mind can stay focused on the Lord and all the great things He is doing because I trust in Him and know that He is control of it all!

No comments: